Sunday, September 09, 2007

Not Craving Anymore =(

I needed to shop for a wedding gift once again, so naturally I called in my shopping buddy Mike to come to my aid! It'a always a good shopping day with him...we are always successful finding whaever it is we have to buy! Siguro ma-tiyaga talaga kame when it comes to hunting for stuff in the mall! =) I was able to pick out a nice gift for my friend Cha-cha, at Rustan's ofcourse =)

We also checked out the Samsung Exhibit at the ground floor. Mike is eyeing the U700 for is SUN phone! Yes, he is sosyal! Extra cell lang ba ang U700???? hahaha As it turns out, the U700 is not released yet in Manila. The models told me that they were only featuring the U600, U300 and the Di series. And NO...I was not tempted by the U300...the flip U-series model;P I LOVE MY V8!!!! hahaha

We wanted to have salad or maybe something vegan for my friend...we chose to eat at Cravings because their entees are accompanied by a salad bar buffet....


I haven't eaten at Cravings for a long time now...so I didn't know how their food was na...

This is the salad bar


..they offered the usual salad mixes of greens, tomatoes, carrort, potato and macaroni salad, croutons...etc....2 kinds of soup and breads...
They offered to kinds og bread...bruschetta and dinner rolls, was it...with a choice of pesto, butter and marina spreads...
..the breads were both sad....dry and stale-lish =(

This is the salad I made from the bar
I really don't know how to create a good salad from a salad bar! I ended up not understanding what I am having!!! hehehe For this reason, I'd rather have a real salad from the menu of a resto than from abar like this. That I would enjoy better (even if it may come out more expensive) =)

I remembered the nice porchops I had from my recent trip to Za's cafe, so I was enticed to order the pork chops with honey glaze...

...now I remember why I dn't normally choose pork-chops! Their chops were small and dry..the glaze---almost tasteless...sad...sad....


Mike had the Fish & Chips

they were overly battered...sad also....

It's kinda odd for the food not to be good in this resto, considering Cravings is run and owned by CCA.

We were not so thrilled with our dinner selection, so we just had something good and reliable for dessert...
I remember liking the carrot cake from dome cafe...so here it is again...


we had it with Amricanos....good thing it was as good as I remembered it =)
Thank you Mikey for a nice shopping day! Next time, either we eat at old and reliable restos or really go an extra mile to have good food!hahaha

No comments: