Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Theobromine in Theobroma



Chocolate contains a methylxanthine called theobromine. This gives that similar caffeine kick we get from drinking coffee, but to a lesser degree.

While out for work in Paranaque last Saturday. I saw this quaint chocolatier shop named after the stimulant component of the cacao----Theobroma.

They sell these lovely looking chocolates in different varieties...milk chocolates, white chocolates, semi-sweet, sugar-free and my favorite dark!


They also make their own gellato and they have coffee as well. I ordered coffee for take out but the server accidentally spilled it....what to do since I was in a hurry to go leave?......


change my order! hmmmm.... it will take more time to prep an americano than to scoop a gellato ---i did the math! less time more calories...what the #@%%
bitter-sweet chocolate gellato

This is bitter-sweet chocolate gellato on a waffle cone!!!! It's soooooo good! Really chocolatey...not too sweet and it has excellent mouth feel!!! To the hips they will all go!!!! hahahaha

Later that night, I had dinner with a friend at Italianni's Greenhills (I forgot to take photos of our Salmon risotto, which was great and verdure penne) and had coffee at starbucks. It was a pleasant evening filled with good conversations.

Theobromine and caffeine high...what a Saturday it was!

No comments: