Sunday, September 10, 2006

I should set an appointment for a general check up, first thing monday morning! After the McDonald frenzy last friday that went on untill saturday breakfast.....I was on a pork fest for lunch and dinner!

McDo breakfast does seem to have a great satiety value. My sisters and I stayed full through lunchtime. We went to podium around 330pm and had a late lunch at LASA Manila. They serve delicious Filipino fare with a twist. I was first introduced to this resto by my very good friend Shawie (a college kabarkada of mine). When our friend Ros went back to Manila from Boston (she moved there a few years after colloge to take up her Masters). Shawie suggested we take her there...and we were all very delighted with our dinner then. So, I recommended this resto to my sisters for our usual saturday lunch outs and has become one of our favorites. It has become some sort sisterly ritual to eat lunch together every saturday primarily because there is no school for Nikki. So we went there and had their sisig, which was really good and flavorful; the belly-licious...which was like lechon kawali served with their own lechon sauce. The pork was very crispy yet still tender and falvorfull. The skin was crunchy as chicharon! But I think they had better used the good ol Mang Tomas sarsa ng bayan sauce! hahaha I'm not really a fan of pork. In general I go for chicken, seafood, beef and lastly pork. I don't know what came over us, but this lunch turned into pork frenzy! Pork sisig, lechon kawali and to top it off the waiter told us we were given a FREE (yes FREE) order of crispy pata!!! The waiter asked "are you going to avail it now or on your next visit?" ....we looked at eachother and cried out---"bring it on!!!!" hahahaha.....A top from all that, we ordered the pinaputok na kesong puti, it was cheese sticks....very similar to the one I had with Sal at Dorset, however the version at Lasa was served with a light tomato salsa, which I find rather refreshing. We also had baked tahong. Are we hungry or are we hungry???? hahahaha Oh and Bagoong rice to boot! What better accompaniment for porky viands than....rice with more pork! hhahahaha. I prefer plain and so does my sister Nikki, so we ordered that as well. The bagoong rice was served with sliced green mangoes on the side and topped with binagoongan pork. I think you can have this as a meal on its own. The baked tahong was ok but nothing special. It was a very satisfying meal. And what to do when you're already full to the brim??? Eat some more! So on to dessert my sisters headed. Nikki ordered the buco pandan and Bogey had the suman at manga. Their version of the buco pandan was not the usual fruit salad style I usually encounter. They served it in tiers of pandan jelly and coconut-cream layer. The serving was big and it was good as well, though it fell behind Nikki's standards for good buco pandan. She likes it the traditional way, I guess, because it cooler and cramier and you get a good ratio of cream to jelly in every spoonful---how precising! hahahaha Their's was a bit on the dry side. As for the suman at mangga...my sister Bogey declared it a winner! The suman was crisped on the outside and warm and soft on the inside. It was served with fresh mangoes and a small pot of sugar for dipping the suman. I was good. Desserts with contrasting of temperature (warm suman...cool mangoes) and flavor always wins me over . Bogey just engoyed the suman as she loves rice cakes! hahahha






No comments: