Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Hooop-aah, Scoop-ah and Suga-h! Monday Night

There must be a movie curse goin' on--really. Last week I already experienced an awful celluloid trauma with The Wickerman. The movie wicked! I can't belive fine actors such as Nicholas Cage and Kathy Bates would take part in a terrible project like that. Last Monday, I witnessed another film faux pas, this time with the (very handsome) Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johanson and Woody Allen---Scoop. The movie was a poopie! hehehe I apologize to the people who actually liked this film. As for me, I found the movie quite boring and lame. Scarlett Johanson was not convincing as a wide-eyed journalism student. The plots were poorly developed and I thought Woody Allen's character was too annoying (makulit sobra! reminded me of an uncle of mine ;P hehehehe). Oh well so much for that... I will not get into relating the gist if the movie...as I don;t want to remember it anymore hahahaha.

Dinner was the saving grace of the evening. My good ol' shopping pal Mike and I had Greek food at my favorite CYMA =). Across our table, there was a very nice family, whom I think were celebrating the mom's birthday. The mom was beautiful...she looked spanish and she was with her husband,two sons (did I mention they were gorgeous ;P) and a lovely daughter who brought a bouquet of lovely malaysian mums. Yeah---I know--ang chismosa at usisera ko right? Well, to me that kinda thing is just a sight for sore eyes...a lovely family having a lovely time at a lovely restaurant =) That's what I like about Cyma, its a family, friends and even casual dating place.

Here is my chicken gyros...its huge and yummy. The dressing however, is like honey-mustard sauce not the traditional garlic mayo. Its a nice twist and it does taste really good but I still prefer the garlic mayo (for that authentic flare) and I like it on the side. I totally forgot to tell the waiter to hold the dressing...so I just let the excess drip away--gross ei? hehehehe

ooozing with honey-mustard sauce....I don't like! =(

For dessert we went to Sugar House. We had coffee and tea with this chocolate truffle cake. Its nice and moist but nothing spectacular...just good ol' chocolate cake to me hehehe

Cyma is located at the 6th floor or the Shangri-la mall, along Sumosam and Penang Hill. You have to wait to be seated because the place is always full, even on weekdays.

Sugar house is at the 6th floor of Shang-mall as well, along C2, Green Tomato and Mongkok.

No comments: