Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Heavenly Breakfast & An Advanced Birthday Surprise!!!

This sunday Sal and I had breakfast at Heaven and Eggs in Tomas Morato. We decided to go there because we were waiting for our friend Kat to get to her office.....yes...office, on a sunday. And why? Its because dear darling Kitty is leaving for the United Kingdom!!! Her long awaited and well deserved vacation, here at long last. She will be out of the country for a month---BON VOYAGE GIRL!!!! Sal and I will terribly miss you.


We love pancakes! To date, the best pancakes that Sal and I have had, and still coundn't forget...the banana walnut pancakes at Bag of Beans (when it was still open in Greenhills). It had bananas and walnuts mixed in the thick pancakes and stacked with more bananas and walnuts in between!!!!! This is why we had to choose the banana caramel pancakes at H & E. The pancakes were thick and fluffy but we felt short with the teensy weeency bananas it went with. We found the caramel too sugary sweet---I think the sugar hasn't reached the caramelization stage yet! And what more so diminished the satisfaction points of this order is that, it came in so late. Our chicken broccoli omelet came in 30mins ahead! I think its because the waitress made a mistake in taking our oder. We were wondering why they kept serving us the choco-banana waffle---we turned it down 3 times!!! Then I called in the waitress and said..."miss, d ba we ordered for banana caramel pancakes?" waitress goes, "yes ma'am the choco banana waffle" and smiles....that explained everything!

This lone pancake was what was left of 3. Sal and I stared at it and went...."kay Kat dapat yan share na yan e..." so we had it wrapped and brought it to her =) hehehehe


banana-caramel pancake (a lone banana on a pancake island!)


chicken-broccoli omelet (that's not butter on the bread!!!!)


This is the chicken broccoli omelet. We wanted it served with fries and bread....the fries turned into potato wedges and initially, pancakes were served to us instead of bread....we had it changed to bread but it came with margarine instead of butter! (you'd think a nice restaurant like this could afford to give REAL butter naman dapat d ba?) Hayayay! The servers seem to have minds of their own!

After that we headed on to Kat's office....and was I off for a surprise....

My birthday is up and coming...and every year we three celebrate eachother's birthday together. I was kinda sad because this year Kat will not be here for my birthday....but how sweet is my friend to still think of my present before she leaves for UK. Amidst her busy packing and office work wrap-ups....this....a beautifully packaged present with a beautiful gift inside!


Love it girl! Thank you very much though I'll still miss you on my birthday!

No comments: