Monday, September 04, 2006

Classic Filipino Cuisine….

Last Saturday my sisters and me went to shang mall to have lunch at C2 Classic Cusine. We had pan seared Tilapia with coconut emulsion, chicken pastel and aligue rice! I the Tilapia was nice and crisp and I like the shoestring potato fries garnished on top. I found the coconut sauce a bit bland tasting though. I had to splash on come seasoning to give it and umph! Hehehe. My sister Nikki enjoyed the chicken pastel very much. We capped or lunch by sharing a tablea tiramisu with Spanish chololate sauce.


Late in the afternoon, I went to Greenhills and met up with my friend Oli at his shop. We planned on having dinner with his beloved Dang and several of our other friends. But as the situation called for at that moment, I decided to shop around for a while…I bought nice cork wedged black-strapped shoes =) (to give my friend couple some quality time…hehehe) To cut a long and complicated story short…I hanged-out instead with my friend Stephen at UCC. I had a kani-shrimp sandwich along with my coffee…uhhhh..I really really wish I had a digi cam along! The cam of my V3, unfortunately gives lousy photos when posted on the net (but don’t get me wrong! I adore my black razor! It’s slim and compact and I love it! Hahaha) It’s only now that I have started blogging that I feel the dire need to own a digicam!!! No I want a digi cam!!!! Ok so back to my story….I had a very nice time with my friend that I totally lost track of time! I was supposed to meet up with Nikki, Doc and War!!! They got to Peri-peri chicken arnd 10ish pala! Hahaha. So Stephen and me met up with them there----they were admist their ‘merry making already’ hahaha…everyone all rosy and happy; P hahahah…. So we ended the night there and headed home around 130am or 2.


A Tale Of 3 Coffee Shops…

Sunday mornings are devoted for morning walks with Sal and Kat. Kat was still a bit under the weather, so it was Sal and I again---champions of breakfasts! Crusaders of walks and “reynas” of tiangges! =D The time was set 7 am! I was super “sabog” when I got there. The guard was just about to open up the chains that surrounded the parking space. One of the major reasons I like this place, aside from the good food and coffee, is the big parking space. Sal arrived in about 10 ten minutes. She brought me a small bag filled with colorful ponytails =) SOOooooo nice! Thanks girl! We shared the shrimp omelet with cream sauce, grilled chicken with scrambled eggs, some buttered toasts and a side order of cheese sticks with yogurt dip. We liked the cheese sticks, which had a sliver of red bell pepper inside. Sal liked the dip and I preferred ketchup with it. It reminded me of a favored recess food when I was still in highschool. Cheesesticks, which had more wrappers than cheese that, and I dip in in ketchup! At UFC ketchup pa! Not tomato basically because---yun lang ang available sa canteen! Hahahha yuck ba? Well not for moi! I used to love that. The shrimp omelet was really good. I had some chopped walnuts in it, which gave a crunchy dimension to the saucy shrimp-y-ness. I find the cream sauce a bit too much though. It made the omelet too rich tasting. Next time, we better have ‘em hold the cream! Hehehe I love DARK toasted bread. I like my bread with a crunchy and toasted to golden brownness! So that is why we had our toast sent back for further browning! The grilled chicken with scrambled eggs was good too and of course the coffee =) I love coffee! If there is one thing in the world that I know I can’t live without –is this black liquid love of mine! =) By the time I remembered to take photos of our me…we already polished everything up! Ganyan kame ni Sal! Good girls talga we finish our food to the last morsel. Pag may natira---food must be bad! Hahahahah…So I just share with you the photo of what was left of our breakfast---empty coffee cups!

After that very satiating meal…we proceeded to going about out morning walk. We chatted. window shopped until finally the stores opened up. We had a pit stop at our favorite fruit shake shop…The Fruit Store. They sell fresh fruits, crepes, fondues and great shakes! The shake selection varies on the fruits in season. That morning I opted for a papaya-melon and Sal had the plum-banana. Plums seemed to be in season. There were a variety of red and black plums. I have never really tried fresh plums. I took a sip of Sal’s shake---I tasted more of banana! Hehehehe But it was good. When I had a vacation in boracay a year ago the papaya-melon was my favorite at Jonas. But The Fruit Store don’t put milk in the shakes so its don’t quite resemble the Bora version. Nonetheless, out thrists were indeed quenched and got full with it…at hindi na kame nakapag lunch)

Hunting in the Greenhills tiangge wasn’t as fun for us at it would have been. The previous week, we shopped in 168 mall, so we couldn’t buy anything in Greenhills since almost ALL of the items there were from 168 and of course we know the REAL price of the items! But still we don’t falter…and so we scrimmaged and scrimmaged until we were able to hunt for stuff with a good deal. I got yoga pants! Just a pair…but still triumphant at 150 bucks! Not bad. I remembered I had to scout fot a digicam. We saw the CANON ixus izoom. It caught my eye because it came in PURPLE! I love purple =) My pen is purple, my Oral B Arctica is purple, I bought an ID tag in purple…and a soapdish! Hahahha. I still haven’t made up my mind…so I let it hang over my head first.
We went to National bookstore in Anapolis bought some stuff and headed to DEC to buy some goodies to bring home. I bought ube hopia for my shobe shoy (she loves ube) and black mongo for me and my other sisters. Not to forget my dear Father, I got him Chinese kikiam! Hahaha SO that was that. Sal and me parted ways. I remembered I had to drop off some stuff at my friend’s office in Wilson. Its ‘padala’ for my dear dear friend lotte in DC. On my way home I saw this familiar styro icebox with the label “HOT MONAY W/ CHEESE (HMC)” Eureka! Hot monay with cheese is the new merienda option to be found in UP. During my time this wasn’t avaible….but during the past months of walking in UP…we met the HMC! Its warm bun like sweet bread and eaten with a slice of paper-thin cheese. As I tell my shobe—it ain’t HMC if its not thinly sliced QUES-O cheese! Hahahaha Isn’t it just wonderful to enjoy the simple treats like this? When I got home, I yelled out to my shobe—“M Home---SHOBE!!! I HAVE HMC!!!!!” With a blink of an eye she devoured it. My friend Holden fetched me in a few minutes and we headed to UCC in tomas morato. I was yapping to him about my day asking his opinion about the canon digi. He brought me home around 5-ish and when I passed through the kitchen…no sign of HMC! Hahaha Around 7 pm my friend Michael fetched me and we had dinner at Katre. It’s a Mediterranean restaurant tucked away on the side of the Afredo’s building, beside D’ Marks Pizza. It was a rainy evening and the place was packed! I saw several show biz personalities come in…Fanny Serrano…Gina Alahar…Pinky de Leon…Lorna and Rudy Fernandez. Baka may pres-con? I thought to myself hahaha. For dinner I had the pan-seared tuna with squid ink risotto topped with seviche and with cranberry pesto puree. It was really good. To end the evening we had coffee at bang. I personally, am not fond of like their coffee blend, so I just settled for the good ol Americano.

No comments: