Tuesday, September 05, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BRUKI KAT!!!!

KATHERINE!!!!!!
Yesterday was a special day...for it was the birthday my dear darling friend KAT! I woke up early...around 4:45am...and I was very excited to whip her up a batch of Cocoa-Walnut brownies with Fudgy Frosting! And so I did! But since I haven't bought my digicam yet...no pics of it for now. Its soo easy to make I was done before 6am! Actually, I was really planning on baking her my Chocolate Cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting. This friend of mine is really fond of the choco-bon at Cinnzeo. But when the last of it's shop closed up (I think it was the one in Pearl drive) she was ranting to us on how she missed the chocobons. With that in mind..I made her these as a birthday present....

.....and I was soooo happy that she really loved them! hahahha I made a chocolate dough of the cinnmon roll....put lots of butter, cinnamon sugar and chocolate morsels in the roll. As frosting, I made a cream cheese one...to contrast the chocolately bun! These are very soft rolls unlike the commercially available ones...=)

Maybe next week I'll make some for her. Anyway...goin back...Sal and I planned to surprise her that evening. I went to National bookstore Annapolis to have a balloon bouquet made, but unfortunately they could not accommodate me that time because none of the staff present knew how to make them then. It started to rain aroung 4pm and I proceeded to National bookstore Q.Ave. Luckily they knew how to make the balloon bouquets. I picked a lilac colored big balloon with floral prints and had smaller pastel colored balloons aroung tied up in a bunch. (I wish I had a camera na!!!--grrrrrrrrrr...I'll get one today I swear!). I had my sisters dropped me off at UCC tomas morato to wait for Sally and mang Dino (the driver). I had a UCC blended coffee...read my Sophie Kinsella book (I'm reading The Undomestic Goddess) as I waited ..and waited...and waited...Sal was caught in traffic! She finally got to meet me around 8pm already! We were famished then and decided to get Mcdo take out. So we got to Kat's house almost 9pm! Kat and her family were halfway through dinner, I think, when we knocked on the door. Sal and I felt quite shy to barge in with our surpirse....when we got in Kat was all..."Oh my goshhhhhhh....." and we felt really good that she was happily surprised~hahaha...a few moments later a group of people was by the door...it was her friends from UP MBA...they came to surprise her as well!!!! Surprise of surprises! The evening turned into an instant party! We had dinner again....coffee...had great laughs and conversations. We headed home around midnight...all in high spirits but most importantly we made our friend's day extra special. She texted us how thankful she was and happy that evening...I slept with a smile =)

Happy Birthday Kitty!



No comments: