Friday, September 22, 2006

Moseying at Terry's


As a leisurely activity... I fancy browsing in sprecialty shops, like Santi's, Cook's Exchange, Gourdo's etc. .I just look around to discover any new ingredient or kitchen equipment that I've read about or seen on T.V.. I think its a good learning exercise and at the same time, keeps me away from shopping for clothes, shoes, bags and accessories...which I fancy all the more! hahaha
Yesterday, I was at the Podium and as I was keeping myself from buying a bag that I had my eye on at Lulu (I plan to come back for it this weekend!!! ;P) so I wittingly thought of heading to the basement as I remembered Terry's Selection! Stroll to stall is the spending control strategy! And hopefully forget and lose interest in the item for purchase on target.

I've heard good things about their food, but I haven't had the chance to dine there--YET! Heheheh I've only managed to snoop into their wide array of wines, cheeses, cured meat products, chocolates, Itallian and Spanish ingredients; and cookery appurtenances.

Here I stumbled upon the rack of Terry's breads...They have foccacia (that I have on the picture below) and whole wheat... they didn't come on to me as appealing as breads at Santi's or Uno...they kinda look sad in their coffin-like rack! hahahah Sorry Mr. Terry! But I'm sure they taste great! ;P


I found vanilla beans on the counter. These, I heard, are great for making custards. Instead of using vanilla flavor that we normally buy in bottles...you heat it up with the milk to infuse the vanilla essence. You open the pod and scrape the inside out. Do I remember this correctly? Anybody there---please re-educate me on this matter as I have not yet tried cooking with fresh vanilla beans...forgive my audacity in siting cooking information I am ignorant of =( Heck, I just wana put something about it so I can post this picture! hahaha Basta, They're good stuff to cook with and they look cute! let's drop it!

The wines are also on sale and I also found they sell itallian coffee grinds and beans!

So what is the ponit of this entry? I have a to do list made in my head:

1.) Fine a good companion to dine with at Terry's

2.) Try cooking with fresh Vanilla beans

3.) After I finish my Cafe Amadeo (which I am beginning to dislike =( the brew i weak even if I put alot of coffee!), buy Terry's Itallian Blend coffee grinds

4.) GO BACK TO LULU ;P

Aaaah my friends..to window shop is good..but to purchase is divine!

2 comments:

Didi said...

I love Terry's Selection!! :) The food there is great!! :) I love the cheeses too!!! :)

Balik tayo?! :)

Jen Tan said...

hello di!!! yes balik tayo--ikaw na ata ang terry's companion that i've been searching for! let's try their tapas! hehehe