Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Saturday on a Tuesday???....

I got confused really..on what day it was yesterday. I was set to meet up with Jackie, a friend of mine from way back highschool, to get something. She called me up a little before lunch and asked me if we want to make it a lunch thingy. I had a generally free schedule for the day anyways so I said we could have a leisurely lunch out. She picked me up from the office around 1130am and we headed to the Hearts of Mary and Jesus Parish in Times area then we headed on to Shang mal, because I wanted her to try CYMA. Unfortunately CYMA was packed and we were asked if we could wait 10 minutes to be seated. Our grumbling stomachs didn't allow us to wait and so we just settled to eat at Penang. It wasn't really settling, I think Penang has good Singaporean food...I like their roti canai. We ordred the Satay appetizer and shared half an order of Bagoong rice. They really have big servings there that even our half order of Bagoong rice was too much! We were so full after. We shopped around and chatted. I was able to buy a pair of ring toed shoes from Celine, owned by a good friend of mine (thanks dear Joy for the discount!) Here they are...


my foot! ;P

I love wedge shoes..they're nice and comfy yet still fashionable! I adore the print on the wedge and insole! =)

Around 4pm we headed our to Miriam Katipunan to fetch Jack's sis...then I went back to the office to drop off my stuff and we then proceeded to Nai Loft---my favorite nail spa! They have great service and the place is nice and comfy. Itjust feels right to get a pedi to go with my new wedg-e nalang hahahahha ;) After our foot pampering we went to Starbucks Morato for some java jolt. I had a cappuccino, non-fat, extra hot with extra shot por favor!!!! (my usual) and Jack opted for a mocha with EXTRA WHIP! (eeeewwwwwee! Sorry but I HATE whipped cream =/ ) and a walnut brownie. My friend War came in about half an hour and joined us for a while untill Jack had to go home.

So War and I fetched our friend Elaine, who just happens to live near the area. Famished...we deliberated on where to satiate our hunger. The verdict--NP Kopi Tiam located at the edge of horseshoe cornering Crame. I think its a spin-off from the ol North Park. Its somesort of a chinese coffee shop cum chinese/korean/japanese short order restaurant cum patisserie! hehehehe Me and Elaine shared a chicken teriyaki-wanton noodle soup and War had the seafood bibimbop. I didn't like the noodle soup at all!!! It was like watered down chicken teriyaki with hard boiled egg, noodles and dumplings and I did NOT fancy the combination. Warren was the winner here! His bibimbop was really good. We ended up eating off spoonfulls from his bowl! hahaha...We had a little karaoeke thing goin on then...they were playing 80's/90's music on the back drop so me and War sang along....it was raining then...it rained harder when we did! hahahah Elaine got a little lost somewhere in the sing-songy situation...its because she is not familiar with most of the songs playing ! Next time girl, we do your time! hahaha

What a Sat --err--Tuesday!!!



No comments: