Thursday, September 07, 2006

I love mornings =)


I usually wake up rather early in the mornings. No matter how late I sleep the previous night, I still end up waking up around 5am! On good sleep days my eyes open up 4am or 3am!!!! So what do I do so early in the morn'? After the usual brushing of the teeth..washing the face...I head straight down to the kitchen and fix myself a mug o'java! Right now I am altering the use of a french press, which I bought from Starbucks Gb3..and a vietnamese coffee contraption (which employs the steeping method of brewing). I think I'll make a separate blog on that =) Sometimes I do my baking in these wee hours of the morning. I used to make whole wheat pan de sal, regular pan de sal, bake brownies or beer bread! My fave things to bake in the morning. Do you think its just lovely to wake up smelling the aroma of freshly baked pan de sal? I say its wonderful =)...and with coffee brewing on the side...any day would really start ot great! At times I got into the streak of whipping up breakfast extravaganza...fried rice (and I vary them with garlic sinangag, longa-sinangag, bagoong fired rice, yang-chow u name it....) eggs, corned beef n hash, tocino, logganisa, tuyo...whatever I find in the pantry or ref!

The picture above is my night table in this morning! That is the book I'm reading now...I blog about it when I finish it..I'm far from half way! hahaha My mug of coffee. I did something really disgusting with that. To sweeten it up...well...er....I put Duphalac ;P yahahahahaaaaa! I know, I know....please forgive the craziness of the act! Its that This week I am taking this medicine...for I suffer from chronic---you know what---but that's another story. Anyways, I take about 30ml of it in the morning. I find it really, really sweet! Its like honey or viscous sugar syrup. Its probably because it is a lactose derivative. So while making my coffee this morning...I had this crazy idea---why don't I add my medicine in my coffee!!!--since its sssoooo damn sweet I just won't add sugar!---'ting' (the idea bulb went) ---and so there you go...vietamese style coffee ala Duphalac! hahahaha It tasted good actually. ...hmmm should have done this days ago and made my medicine taking more palatable! hahahaha Gross!!! gross!!! I know ;P hahahaha

2 comments:

spanx said...

jen,

this is one of the funniest posts i've ever read!

i almost snorted the pei pa koa i mixed with my gatorade out of my nose ",)

Gross!!! gross!!! I know ;P hahahaha

Jen Tan said...

hahaha...why thank you spanx!...grabe what a nice surprise tp read your comment as I am browsing my old posts =) magaling na ako from this condition so hindi ko na to uulitin!!!! ;P bwahahaha

pei pa koa with gatorade??? isa ka pa kadiri! hahahaha