Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Dinner at Angel's

I had a post Christmas dinner with two angels in my life..Kat and Sal =) How appropriate to take them to My Angel's Kitchen.


Free Pate with Melba Toasts


Ostrich Salpicao
It was ok..but kinda lacking in flavor. How will we know if we are really having Ostrich? I've only tasted Ostrich once ...last year at Le Souffle...I remeber the dish was great, but couldn't remember the distinction of the meat...I just recall it tasted like lean beef =)

Soft Shell Crab Salad wih Mango Poppy Seed Dressing

This dish is similar to the salad I have had during a shower party I attended, catered by Chef Him Uy De Baron. The soft-shell crab was very tasty and the crunchiness gave dimension to the salad. The dressing complimented the lightly fried crabs very well =) We like this very much.

The Cristpy Steamed Dory

Dory fish fillet, pan fried and then steamed! An odd cooking technique...I think because don't you lose the nice and light crispness brought about by pan frying by steaming? Hmmm I am no expert on this. It was kinda lacking in umph...good but needed more flavor and pizazz =)

Shiitake Mushroom with Unagi Pasta
Like an oriental pasta dish...very flavorful! it's like Kung Pao pasta of CPK =)

We enjoyed trying the food...despite the yays and nays...but most of all the evening was great because we got the chance to spend quality time together as friends to celebrate the yuletide cheer =)


No comments: