Saturday, October 06, 2007

Cancer Awareness Live Auction




It is cancer awareness month and the Cancer Institue Foundation has launched a series of events for Cervical Cancer advocay.
One of the first events held by the foundation was a live auction of photographs by Jo Avila, Bahaghari, Miguel Fabie III, Ronnie Lazaro, Jun de Leon, Isa Lorenzo, At Maculangan, Billy MondoƱedo, Emmanuel Santos, Ivan Sarenas, John Silva, Pilar Tuason, Wig Tysmans, Lilen Uy, Jake Verzosa, and Denise Weldon, and an etching by National Artist Benedicto Cabrera, held at Silverlens Gallery in Pasong Tamo Extension.
Cancer is an illness that is close to my heart and that is whyI really am happy to be part of any activities to help spread awareness and combat this lethal malady.
It was just so unfortunate for me, that I am really always a lost in Makati =( Let me just say I went through a long merry-go-round-about before I was able to reach the event venue. Thank you to the two wonderful people who helped me through =)
Well, better late than never, I was able to make it. The event was covered by the Lifestyle network, by non other than Ms. Menchu Antigua. A lot of familiar faces were present at the auction..some of whom are Ms. Angel Jacob, Carlos Celdran and the very darling Ms. Mitzi Borromeo (who was actually one of the event organizers).

Many of the artful photos were sold, and it can be said the venet was indeed a success!

Let us support the Cervical Cancer Awareness month. Knowledge and consciousness about cancer is one of our best weapons againts it.

No comments: