Friday, June 22, 2007

Caruso at Last!

My friend Elaine and I went to Power Plant mall for lunch at Cafe Med and a little window shopping. Early afternoon we met up with an old friend of mine, and coincidentally Elaine's cousin, Steve. He is vacationing here from Rhode Isaland, so it was great to have the chance to catch up with him before he goes to back to the US.

After our coffee tryst, we took a peek at the Mango sale---and vowed NOt to make any purchase!!!! ...but I saw this great skirt..on sale...really cheap.....I bought! =D hehehehhee

For dinner we contemptlated on either Souska or Cafe Caruso. ...Italian won over Japanese! hahaha So Caruso it was. Chiqui and Gwen joined us for dinner.

It's located at N. Garcia in Makati. The place is nice and most of the patrons are Italians. We decided to share a Pizza Neopolitana.



Here is the person...tossing the pizza dough! A very authentic touch!!! ;P

This is reallllly good! I love the crust. It's has crispy edges but has a chewy bite! I lve simple pizzas..this one has anchovies, tomato sauce and mozzarella. Simply delicious! We wiped out the whole thing! I think the crust makes the pizza.

And ofcourse...we have to have our dolci! Gwen let us try the ohhh soo great Hazel Nut gelato....



It's really good because it's Angelati gelato!!!!! Yummmmmmmmmmm!!!!

This is the Tiramisu...
This is the best tiramisu I've tasted. What makes is extra god I think is that the lady fingers they use is Savoiardi! I can tell =)

And last..but definitely not the least good tasting...the Zuppa Inglese (English Trifle).

It's like a pudding made by interlayering cream infused with liquer and Savoiardi lady fingers. Its really like Tiramisu...but instead of mascarpone cheese...it's made with cream and flavored with marsala wine. It's rich tasting and good.

I love Caruso as I love Italian food!!!

A rainy evening of good food and great friends!!!

2 comments:

Didi said...

Pizza looks reallt good!! Ma-try nga!

Jen Tan said...

it's really great di!!! must try tlga!