Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sonja's at Serendra..a birthday Party and Piedras!

As if all the sugar was not enough for us from the part at Gourdo's, Didi, Edi and I decided to go to Serendra and check out Sonja's cupcake store. It was actually more to satisfy my curiosity because I've never been there.

The place looked very promising as a new site for dinning and ganging out. There were several restos opened and under construction. I will definitey go bcak there to 1.) dine at portico (I missed this resto!!! I remember the last time I went there, it was actually with Didi and Edi, but they were closed already) 2.) try the Mary Grace coffee shop (I adore their ensaymada and lemon squares)--the interiors was charming and cozy 3.) try the DUO resto

We went in Sonja's store and the place was packed! I guess there are a lot of cupcake fans out there, unfortunately I am not one of them. Didi and I are EXACT OPPOSITES when it comes to desserts....I am fond of coffee and chocolates..the darker the better...she hates them =) hehehe I hate whipped cream, frostings, icing and any white stuff on desserts and she LOVES them! hahaha




But then..opposites do attract..that's why we are good friends =)

After Serendra, Edi and Didi dropped me off at Corinthian's to meet Oli, War, Matt and other friends. It was the birthday of therir highschool friend Dax. After a few drinks...well for me, after several glasses of SARSI LIGHT =) we all said adieu to the party people. War and I were still up for some gimmicking so we headed back to th Fort! Talk about circling around!

I met up with my friends Harry, Sarah (Harry's sis), Hazel, Ken, Sam and others at Piedras. War met up with his college buddies there as well and what do you know--the venue was Piedras as well. It's a funky bar at the 3rd floor of the Strip. Well, I gladly burned off some of the dessert calories I took in from the EB party=) We had some drinks as we gyrated along the music. I like the music there...I shall definitely come back (pag gimmick mood and mga tao! --it rarely happens though)

Harry brought me home. What a Saturday it was! GREAT FOOD , GREAT FRIENDS =)

3 comments:

wysgal said...

I quite like Piedra ... in an "its-very-happening" sort of way. =)

Jen Tan said...

thanks for droppin by wysgal! yeah Piedra is hip and happenin'! hahaha =)

Didi said...

Jen! Had soooo much fun!! :) We're super opposites when it comes to dessets... :) defintely.. :)