Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Birthday Tripple Treat =)

How would I like to spend my birthday? I want simple, quiet and good food =) Well, I got what I wanted in more ways than one...how lucky am I?

For my special day, we went to Cafe Maestro! As I have learned, its run and owned by Le Opera too....and my dining experiences at Le Opera were pleasant, so I was excited to try Maestro =)


It is tucked away in Makati...near Nicanor Garcia. The place is nice, cozy and personal =) You can even do a little shopping at the shop connected to Maestro selling nice designer clothes and stuff at discounted rates.

some Italians dining

warm and simple interiors
To start our meal...a trio of salsa, pate and burre


....to go with a nice hefty basket of warm breads...


we just love the pate..we had one each! ;P


Misto Salami

A medley of authentic Italian cold cuts, parmigiano regiano and a special selection of marinated vegetables. A delicious antipasti to perk up the palate.

Spaghetti alle Vongole in Bianco

Spaghetti with baby clams in a light white wine sauce. The aldente pasta is delicately flavored by the simple sauce.

Carre d' Agnello alla Romana

Grilled lamb chops in a light vinaigrette balsamico and rosemary sauce. We had lamb for his birthday so we have lamb for mine! Medium well cooked lamb chops flavored by the vinaigrette and rosemary, complimented by the mint jelly served on the side. Lamb and mint...perfecto together! Oh so tender and full of flavor. We do adore lamb!

A wonderful dining experience here at Maestro! Happy palates here!

No dolci but a night cap was opted for the evening... tapas and spirits at Casa Armas


more crusty breads and burre


that surely went well with our tapas platter
Hamon serrano.. chorizo slices and spanish quezo...with some spirits...

...cranberry vodka...
Spirits and tapas...go so well =)


...and just for fun...because I was raving about odd foods that I have tried...we went to Abe to have some Camaru! hahaha
I have tried crickets at everybody's cafe on a trip to Pampanga, I think a year ago...and so for the last leg of a food tripping day...some room is left for some crickets =) Yummy! We thought of how nicer it could be if it was served on a sizzling plate! hahaha

A wondeful birthday spent the way a food lover would truely love....how spoiled am I? Thank you =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

belated birthday greetings to you... cheers!!! :)

Jen Tan said...

thanks mikky =)