Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Savoring Cyma

This monday felt like a friday! Tuesday was declared a holiday in observance of Ramadan...so no work (not including me) for most people. I guess a lot made out of town vacation plans, but not for me. Nikki, War, Eliz and I just thought of having dinner and coffee to chill out. Warren had other plans with his friends from college and Eliz had a family dinner engagement. The plan was War, Nikki and I will have dinner together...after dinner War goes to his UP barkada gimmick and Nikki and I meet with Eliz for coffee...the great switch-a-roo hehehe!

War picked me up from the office, fetched Nikki and went to Shang mall to have dinner at CYMA---my favorite Greek Resto, I might add =)


We had the Family Greek Salad.....it had lettuce, zucchini, capers, tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese, farfale pasta with vinegarette, served with bruschetta. Really good!!!

This is the OssoBuco with pasta and meat sauce (I forgot the name of this dish). Perfectly cooked to soft tenderness! The pasta underneath it was ladened with meat and sauce of the braised veal shank. An excellent savory dish!

This was the bone marrow mass that War carefully slipped out from the shank bone and devoured with great gusto!!!

To cap our very satisfying dinner....we had the ever popular Flaming Mangoes. A whole mango with caramelized sugar, flambeed at your table then dalloped with a generous glob of vanilla ice cream!!!! HOOOOOPA!!!! ;p

As you can see..our dear War is so gigil making simut the mango buto!!!! Need I say, we loved this dessert to the last dribble of the sauce and mango fibre!!!!

Nikki and Moi....happy after our meal!!!

2 comments:

oh captain my captain said...

i can't help but get hungry everytime i get to read your blogs about sumptuous meals! ;0)

Jen Tan said...

hahaah hello jake!!! hahaha....thanks for dropping by! feeling food critique ako d ba? kakahiya nga mejo malabo pics ko e ahahaha