Sunday, October 08, 2006

Mallin' at MOA with a Good Cause

Saturday afternoon, Gwen and I went to my favorite Nail Spa--Nail Loft, to get some hand and feet pampering. She was supposed to go to Piandre Salon and just txted me to ask for some directions...I already had an appointment at the spa so I just dragged Gwen to go with me. We had fun chatting along and being pampered.

After our nail-scapade, I went to Mall of Asia with my friend Carlo. Traffic was horrible at EDSA! It took us about an hour to get to MOA. When we got there we had dinner at Cafe Breton, my favorite creperie =) Gwen and her boyfriend Gretch met up with us there.




Gwen and Moi


My favorite Cafe Au LAit. I love it! Rich thick foam and strong bodied espresso

Galette American

My Galette Breton
It has spinach, crab meat and cheese (I think)--really good but super nakaka-busog (filling). This is actually the first time I've tried a galette, for the reason that I always have crepes =) Honestly, I didn't find any difference between the galette and savory crepes--maybe the size? I think the galette is made of buckwheat flour and according to my google search, cooked at one side only--so maybe the difference is in the texture and bite.

In the middle of dinner---we saw fireworks outside =) so nice ei?

After dinner we went to a charity event of Gawad Kalinga just outside the south wing mall area. Gawad Kalinga (which literally mean to give care) is a socio-civic organization which aims to address the problems caused by poverty in our country . They have missions, programs, releif efforts and various action plans fostering the destitute. That evening, there were food booths, exhibits and a display of several model houses made by the organization. There were many participants during the event and I believe it was done as a fund raising activity as well as to promote the existence, efforts and success of the organization On top of it all, there was a concert by several artist and bands. We were able to catch Sarah Geronimo and my favorite Gary V. =) It was very nice to see that still many people take time out from their lives and busy schedules to take part in helping our less fortunate brothers and sisters. It was a heart warming evening. It made me remember the days when I had opportunities in taking part in activities like out-reach programs, medical missions, humanitarian and even environmental movements and activities back in highschool and college days. Can you believe I was a member of Pro-Life Philippines? hehehe Unlikely? Well you don't know a person, until you know the person =)

We capped off the evening at Starbucks Corinthian hills. Its a lovely starbucks venue with a Rustan's Supermarket, Santi's Deli and an interesting Itallian resto. Nice hang out place--quiet and subdued but not desolate.

No comments: