Monday, October 16, 2006

Power Breakfast

Since I wasn't able to go to the friday and saturday midnight sales, I talked Sal into having our sunday morning walk at Rockwell. We had our "power" breakfast at Grams Diner, located beside UCC, at the complex outside the mall (I forgot the name of the complex). They serve typical diner food (like pancake house with more variety)..everyone will find something they like. The selection ranges from pancakes, waffles, sandwiches...to pastas, rice meals and desserts. I guess this is pretty much the reason why the place if full at 8am, plus the food is not expensive. As for the taste...err..let's see...
Sal and I shared an order of Eggs Benedict, since we both haven't tried this dish anywhere yet, and we also had the waffle.


Eggs benedict, with potatoes and caramelized onions
These are english muffins with a slice of ham and poached eggs topped with hollandaise sauce. The hollandaise sauce was a tad bit too lemony for our taste... We would have liked this dish more if we had held the sauce! The egg needed some salt and the ham..was it there???

Waffles--that tasted like cardboard! hehehe...

The servings at Grams diner were ample and the food looked very appetizing... but while eating them..it felt-- empty. It was like, eating food that we are really fond of, without getting any satisfaction. I don't know but I surmise it's from the lack of taste of the food. The eggs benedict was bland and too citrusy. The waffles...didn't taste like waffles--more like...eating cardboard or foam! No matter how much syrup and butter you put (and normally I don't put syrup any use only a small slather of whipped butter).....nothing! I am person who enjoys quality over volume, so I guess Grams diner is not for me. I mean, it would be ok for me to eat here again but I will not look forward to it. The food is ok but I'd recommend you have your waffles at pancake house or heaven and eggs----or mag waffletime ka nalang! ;P, and have your eggs benedict maybe at bizu (though I have yet to try it). What I did like was the flowin' coffee =) hehee Alas! The saving grace of our morning grace...decent brewed coffee that was refillable! The first cup they gave was strong and americano-like..the refills were just plain brewed--but decent coffee. Two snaps up for that, least to say.

After that blad breakfast benedict...we moved to Starbucks because Sal wanted some iced tea and we were still waiting for the mall to open. We chatted along untill it was time for some malling action. We were hunting for bags and scrimmaged through all sales items of each store. I noticed they already opened the newly rennovated Hip area. It is a conglomerate of greehills shops in the powerplant mall. You see..wherever you go to shop....greenhills will haunt you!

We left empty handed...I went to greenhills to check out the tiangge again, as I wait for my friend Mike (he wanted to do some shopping as well) and Sal went home to fetch her mom and shop some more!!!! Are we crazy shop-a-holics or what??? But NO--don't think like we go shop crazy every weekend. We just like bargain hunting and most of the time just window shop for exercise ;) Matipid po kame! hehehe

No comments: