Friday, October 27, 2006

HEAT's Sooo Good!!!

How good is it to have Japanese sushis, sashimi’s… Chinese dim sum, roastings… Korean stews, noodles… Italian piazzas, pastas…rack or lamb…prime rib…roast beef…fillet mignon…on a workday…with an empty stomach from having forgotten to have breakfast? And how about a cold rock-ish, smooshie ice creams…halo-halo…crepes…cakes…tarts..puddings and native kakanins galore to cap the meal??? HEAT’s Terrific!!!!!

Yes! The Heat buffet was great. My friend Mark invited me for lunch yesterday. After fetching me from the office, he instructed the driver indubitably …”to Edsa Shang Hotel…” He hadn’t told me the night prior, where our lunch-capade would be, but it was indeed a pleasant surprise. I was famished from not being able to have breakfast (good job! hehehe) so I welcomed the preordained venue.

I’ve tried the Circle buffet at Makati Shang around 3 weeks ago (for my birthday), and in comparison, I think Heat offers a better food selection.

For starters, I had some Salmon sashimi, maki and somesort of raw tuna salad...and some Roquefort cheese (which was off-theme from my jap plate..but what the heck!)



For my main entree selection...meet my MEAT! hahaha I chose from the grill station the lamb, prime rib-eye, fillet mignon, prawns thermidore (i love this) and a tandoored fillet of fish (don't know why I got that, it was good though). A piece of crusty dinner roll for carbohydrates =)


There were lots more food to try...dimsum, a wide variety of cosmopolitan dishes, pizzas adn pastas..I wanted to have pasta but the sauce for the day was bacon and cream =( I don't do cream man! There were huge crabs, oysters and prawns. So much food..so little time and space to boot! hahahha So we went to the desserts part...the best part?! ;P

There was a white chocolate fondue, with a whole lot of dippin'-ma-jiggies to choose from. Unfortunately, I don't do white chocolate either (to my friend didi--I bet you'll love this girl!) There was a halo-halo bar, a wide array of tarts, pastries, cakes, pies, puddings, native kakanins like sapin-sapin roll and bico. The awesome part for me...the cold-rock-like station. You get to pick your ice cream and they smoosh-in nuts (almonds, pistachios, walnuts), chocolates, candies, fruits.....whatever you can think of...I think it was there!


But my heart was set on the creperie =) "One mango crepe with slivered almonds, chocolate morsels, top it with chocolate ice cream, chocolate sauce and more almonds sil`vous plait~!" "Whipped cream ma'am?"...."HOLD THE CREAM monsieur!" hahahaha

hmmmmm...monsieur crepeur was very goooood....he made my crepe just as I wanted it.....

'Tis this gamine's joie de vivre!

Thank you Mark =)

No comments: