Monday, January 11, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas in HongKOng ^_^ Part I

Happy 2010!!!! ^_^ Wow, how time does fly? Nonetheless, I am very happy to share with you how much the last few weeks of my 2009 have been filled with so much wonderful moments accompanied by delicious eating! hahaha

I was very fortunate to have had the chance to spend my Christmas in HongKong! It is the first time in my life that I have spent it away from home. I was so elated and thrilled by the opportunity to be with the love of my life (and grateful to have been welcomed by his family) to share the wonderful Christmas season. Nevertheless my heart and thoughts were always with my family at home, the whole time I was travelling and eating...I am so glad they understand.

To be honest, I didn't get that chance to take pictures of all the delicious lunches and dinners that I have experienced during my trip, so I just share a few that I have had the time to snap digital memories of, with you =).

Before our much awaited trip, a friend of mine told me about this excellent Taiwanese restaurant that specializes in Siao Long Pao called Din Tai Fung. Upon checking on the internet, I was so excited to find out they have two branches in HongKong already, one at Kowloon side and the latest ...at Causeway bay, 68 Yee Woo Street---just a run around the hotel were we were staying----sweet!!!!


DIN TAI FUNG


Remember the name and go there when you get to HongKong if you are craving for the BEST Sio Long Pao...well the best I have ever had...but then it may be so, because I have read that their HongKong branch was given one Michelin Star =)

Upon entering the restaurant, you will see this clear glassed room, where the delicate dumpling delicacies and carefully made.


Among the things we ordered, besides the main event---we picked the Pork chop Rice
Very tender and flavorful pork chop on a bed of yummy yang chow fried rice!!! Delicious! Delicious!

Now the Siaolong Pao...we ordered two kinds...the regular and crab roe

Just look at these masterpieces! Delicate pouches filled with delightful ground meat and hot and flavorful broth!


The dumpling skin was thin and moist...a lovely packaging for the perfect soupy-bite!

Take a closer look....

This is the Crab Roe Siao Long Pao
aaaahhh... I can still taste that golden broth....simply the best!

Kutchay Bun

Veggie Siopao =)

I love the flavors...the bun was thinner than the usual Siopaos we have here in Manila.
May I add that the service here is as excellent as their food.
Din Tai Fung, is Din Tai Fun! ^_^ I love the whole dining experience.

7 comments:

princess_dyanie said...

agree! they have the best dumplings! we have tried this when we were in Shanghai. in shanghai, they were called xiaolongbao. are they the same?

Jen Tan said...

hello princess!!! yup xiaolongbao---i should edit my post, i think yours is more correct ;P sooo good and yummy! maybe i'll be able to visit shanghai too!!! =)hahaha

thanks for dropping by!!!

Unknown said...

OMG....your blog looks superyummy. Glad to know that you had a great time on Christmas...Happy living and keep on posting. Ihampers.co.uk

Jen Tan said...

Hello Beth! Thanks so much and hope you had a Merry Christmas as well =)

Didi said...

Jen!! Belated merry christmas!!
Saw the pics and kilig ako and happy happy ako for you SUPER!! :)

Here's to a new year of more love, food and happiness!!

Jen Tan said...

Hello Didi!!!!

Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to you and Edi! I miss you both--kain tayo! ;P

Thanks so much =)HUGGSSSS ako din kinikilig ;P bwahahaha ...HEY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless you and your new family always!!!! =)

Jen Tan said...

Happy Birthday---in advance ha!! =) hehehe