Friday, November 13, 2009

Wicked Kitchen!

I think this place used to be where MY SPOON stands. Wicked Kitchen, is a casual dining cum hang out (mostly of abs-cbn peeps and celebs) place behind the abs-cbn complex (Mother Igancia)...along the row of Panaderia Pantoja, Ai-Sarap, Pixie's etc....you'll find the place =)

They dish out a variety of food...from appetizers, pastas, rice dishes to desserts!

Fish & Chips Php 180.00
Beer battered dory fish with fries.

Firestarters Php 168.00
Minced chicken with cheese and chili lumpia, served with a tomato salsa. I liked this a lot =) ! It has just the right amount of zing that I can bear.

Seafood Aglio Olio Php 175.00
A light garlic and oilive oil pasta with squid and shrimps, served with garlic toast.

Chicken Kebabs Php 185.00
We loved the presentation =) I think the funky metal skewer they used was cool! hehehe The chicken pieces were tender and tasty.

Mushroom Chicken Pie Php 172.00
Sorry for the wrong orientation of the pic (I don't know how tp rotate the pic here =( my apologies!) It was button mushrooms and chicken breast cubes with cream, topped with a puff pastry. I liked the puff pastry, but the cream filling was a bit runny. t was an ok dish.

Beef and Beer Pie Php 195.00
The beef brother of the above mentioned pie. Same comment here...the gravy was runny. I think pie fillings should be rich and thick.

Wicked Kitchen's cuisine is generally ok. Nothing really fantastic with all the dishes we tried but all were generally pleasing to the palate and eyes. The service is good also. I guess we always come back here is for the comfy-casual ambiance =)
Oh...I hear a lot of people rave about the Gluttony Dessert....large warm baked chocolate -chip cookie ala mode!~must try soon. I can't believe we still haven't...hmmmm....

2 comments:

Marga K. Manlapig said...

I sincerely recommend the Gluttony - insanely indulgent! :D

Jen Tan said...

hello Midge! Really? hahaha I must try soon! Thanks for the heads up =)