Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ole! Ole! We're at Boracay!

Boracay! Boracay! My second time here and this time with my very dear friend Lotte, who is vacationing in Manila from D.C. along with 6 more of our friends! YAHOOOOO!!!! We arrived evining of March 27! Why? o Why so late??? ASK CEBU PACIFIC!!!! grrrr.... We experienced quite an infuriating first night at the island...but I will not get into the nitty gritty of that!

We stayed at the Beach Comber. It's a new hotel located at station 1 and it was great! The rooms were very very nice, very good service, nice ammenities and a pool to boot! our accommodation included breakfast at Inasal chicken--which offerred a choic of various silogs (i.e. tapsilog, tosilog, bangusilog,chorilog---chorizo sinangag at itlog!hahahah).

Our first official day, we walked around the beach and checked out d'mall (ah yes---shopping on the first day agad!) I must tell you, there are soooo many new hotels and restos that have been put up since my last visit 2005! I was kinda disappointed to see so many commercial restos and shops that have been put up there, like good ah, mongkok, nothing but water etc..etc... I'm sorry, I have nothing againts these restos and shops (as I loce em all in Manila) but I just kinda feel the Boracay beach, far from Manila-feel, touch is deminished/lost when I see establishemenst that are found back home.

For lunch, we dicided to go for spanish! We picked Ole spanish resto located right smack in the middle of d'mall.

We had this soup made of bacon (or was it ham?), chick peas and spaghetti noodles---I forgot what it was called, but it was a good meal starter. Then we had baked mussels...

As you can see, from what's left of it, they were delicious----garlicky and buttery! =)
This is the Asparagus-Goat Cheese quezodilla---really, really good! I just kinda hoped they made 'em toasty as opposed to being a bit on the soggy-side. Nevertherless we devoured it to the last bit!


Lastly, the Paella Valenciana! This was really goo as well, although by the time we got to it we were kinda full already =(


No comments: