Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Sam Won Garden, Paranaque

Are all Koren restos created equal? You get small plates of pickled veggies, mini pancakes and other yummy nibblies to whet your appetite before your meal =) We love it! I guess the only difference is the number of freebie plates in different Korean restos. The more the merrier so please give us more! ;P
In Aguirre St., BF Paranaque, we tried Sam Won Garden. We tried their Chicken Bulgogi. It came with kimchi, fresh lettuce leaves, garlic cloves and bean paste.

One of the things I love most about eating Korean food...you don't simply get your food...you have some fun before and while eating!
I love grilling the meat on the table. I love mounting the veggie leaves with spices and condiments.
I love placing the grilled meat on my prepared veggie-mount and wrapping each piece before taking a bite =) It's like having a mini ceremony prior to devouring your food, in the process you take charge of the flavors goin on inyour meal.
With that, we had an order of Dolsot Bibimbap
Their version had some minced beef, veggies, pickled ginger and ofcourse an egg. Stir..stir..stir....

enjoy!
I guess we could say that dining experience are more or less same with most Korean restos...but the food quality and taste definitely differs! Sam Won Garden flipped our switch =)


2 comments:

Marga K. Manlapig said...

You've hit on the exact reason why I love Korean food: all those side dishes and appetizers!

Jen Tan said...

hello midge! yup we love variety and freebies!hahahah =)